Despite a thorough cleaning of the house, the dust will reappear as quickly as you eliminate it. These dust deposits enter through doors and windows and spread throughout the house. Fungi and bacteria that we bring with us from outside, for example on shoes or clothing fibres, are also transported. However, in hotels there is an effective trick to eliminate dust. Find out which ones!
The key solution is glycerin, a cheap, dense, and odorless substance that can prevent dust settle on the cleaned surface for a relatively long time. Glycerine can be used on any type of surface and forms an invisible protective layer on the furniture against dust deposits.
The product is relatively inexpensive and easy to use for dust removal. It is very effective on surfaces such as mirrors and painted surfaces.
Glycerin is perfect for treating any surface to make it dust-resistant, and it’s the same method used in luxury hotels to keep them spotless at all times. How to use it for remarkable results:
- Dilute a few drops of glycerin in a liter of water
- Dip a cloth in the solution
- Allow the cloth to dry and then rub the surface to be treated
To make floors or parquet floors shiny without settling dust, add a few drops of glycerine to a bucket of water and use the solution to wash the floor. In addition to effectively treating surfaces and repelling dust, glycerin is also useful for stain removal.
To achieve this result, apply a small amount an article of clothing Apply microfiber and rub onto affected areas, then rinse with water. However, before using the product, clean the surfaces well by vacuuming the dust.
What should be used to remove dust?
If you are looking for an ecological and economical alternative to household cleaning, microfiber cloths are an excellent choice. They are also effective without cleaning agents and only require water for application. This means you save money by not buying expensive products. There are many models on the market suitable for all needs. Microfiber towels are also healthy and environmentally friendly. Just choose the one that suits you best.
5 tips against dust
Although glycerin is a product that allows you to avoid the formation of dust, certain gestures must be used to achieve better results and significantly reduce dust. Here’s what you need to do:
- To avoid dust, alternate between a vacuum and a broom and use both options. Don’t forget to clean them once a month and let them air dry.
- Replace bedding to reduce dust. In fact, there is often a lot of dust in the bed linen and for this reason the sheets and pillowcases should be washed every week.
- To install shutters to reduce dust. This option is preferred over traditional curtains, as it is easier to clean. In addition, roller shutters prevent dust from entering the house.
- Regularly vacuum and thoroughly clean the bedroom, living room and hallway to reduce dust. Preferably use a vacuum cleaner with a filter to collect even the smallest dust particles, animal hair, pollen, etc.
- Preferably use microfiber cloths to remove dust as they stick better than other types of cloths. You can use them to clean furniture and other surfaces around the house.