I-care acquires the know-how of MIT to better monitor its machines

I-care will use algorithms from the famous institute, capable of making a simple video speak better than analyzes that could last several weeks so far.

Founded in 2004the Mons company I-care has risen to the rank of world leader in its niche. Its solutions predict failures months or even years before they occur, sometimes earning it the nickname “Dr. House of Industrial Machinery“. We speak of “predictive maintenance” in the jargon.

Thanks to artificial intelligence and data collection, theCompany of the Year 2020 is able to predict more than 200 typical problems. And this, on a fleet of equipment valued at some 67 billion euros to date, in sectors as diverse as heavy industry, pharma, food, chemicals and energy.

Frame

L’one of these problems is the weakness of the structures (chassis) that support said machines. so farthe analysis process asked “weeks of work”, testifies Fabrice Brion, CEO and co-founder of I-care.



“We will now go from weeks to minutes in our analyzes of the structures supporting our customers’ machines.”

Fabrice Brion

CEO and co-founder of I-care

But it was without counting on the signature of an important contract with the famous Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Now, “the same result can be achieved in a few minutes only, in a more detailed way and without touching the machine”, welcomes the person concerned. And for good reason, he will now be able to exploit different patents ofalgorithms capable of making a simple video speak.

This development is to be seen as “theadding missing bricks to our in-house technology“, executive Fabrice Brion. “Indeed, we had already developed 95% of the solution to this problem internally, but for the remaining 5%, this transfer will save us time and avoid a possible conflict with the intellectual property of the MIT.”

Kept secret, the amount of the operation would be 4 to 5 times cheaper than its equivalent from a European university. Moreover, he will generate income in just a few months.

Heading fixed

Let us recall here thata cap has been set for 2025: 250 million euros in turnover. A “cautious” scenario, according to Fabrice Brion, since turnover has increased by an average of 25% per year since 2011 to reach around 50 million euros last year. In the first quarter, we are even talking about 37%.

Leave a Comment