The Volvo EX90 features Google HD Maps

To enhance the capabilities of its driver assistance and autonomous driving technologies, the Volvo EX90 uses Google HD Maps technology.

A 100% electric replacement for the new XC90 Volvo EX90 is equipped with many driver assistance technologiesthat work with LiDAR, cameras and radar to analyze the vehicle environment and thus contribute to the safety of the occupants.

To go even further and prepare for autonomous driving capabilities, the car needs to be able to more accurately perceive its surroundings both in front of the vehicle and at longer distances beyond the curves and bends that are emerging. This is how Volvo uses them Google HD Maps technology for his vehicles.

Google HD Maps: a detailed map system

Google HD Maps is a mapping system specially developed by manufacturers for use in the automotive industry and offers them highly detailed and up-to-date traffic information. google partners, Volvo and Polestar will be the first brands in the world to integrate this technologywhich will initially be found in the Volvo EX90 and Polestar 3.

“The integration of Google HD Maps into our future vehicle range marks an extension of our strategic collaboration with Google and reflects our commitment to working with industry technology leaders. Integrating Google HD Maps into our upcoming vehicles will help us provide our drivers with a more enjoyable driving experience and contribute to the adoption of safe autonomous driving in the future.”said Javier Varela, COO and Deputy General Manager of Volvo Cars.

https://twitter.com/AutoPlusMag/status/1592525327892246529

Google HD Maps: more precision in autonomous driving

By integrating Google’s high-definition mapping, the Volvo EX90 is able to do thisenrich data its many sensors to better predict lanes and road profile. Thus, it enables the improvement of driving assistance features such as Lane Change Assist or Volvo’s next-generation intelligent driver assistance technology (Pilot Assist), not to mention future functionalities for future autonomous driving.

The car’s central computer system, which uses the platforms ofartificial intelligence Xavier and Orin from Nvidia Drive, takes traffic information from LiDAR, cameras and other in-car sensors and combines it with data from Google HD Maps. By calling a security software developed by Zenseact, Volvo improves the accuracy of driver assistance systems and the safety of its vehicles, which will also benefit future autonomous driving technologies in the EX90.

Also read:
• Volvo: Parts with a lifetime guarantee
• Volvo is expanding remote software updates
• Volvo invests in light and durable materials

Volvo invests in autonomous driving

Volvo strives to be at the forefront of new technologies and has recently taken 100% control zen actshe Subsidiary specializing in the development of software for autonomous driving. The Swedish manufacturer held 86.5% of the company prior to the transaction a few days ago, allowing it to take control of the remaining 13.5% stake.

Despite being a Volvo subsidiary, Zenseact will continue to operate as an independent company and will be responsible for the development of safety, advanced driver assistance and autonomous driving technologies, coming soon to Volvo and Polestar vehicles.

https://twitter.com/AutoPlusMag/status/1600430118257803264

Leave a Comment